Case Study: Auld Brewer Mazengarb & McEwen
How we increased the online profile of a prominent and respected Taranaki law firm by over 400%* using digital marketing strategies.
Not your average law firm
Auld Brewer Mazengarb McEwen is a premium law firm in Taranaki. They’re a high achieving provincial firm, with outstanding clients and a great reputation, but until recently, had a relatively low profile online.
ABMM identified marketing as a soft spot in the firm’s overall operations and wanted to create a solid marketing strategy that would help them build their presence and increase overall awareness of the firm.
The team at ABMM understands the value of expertise; they’ve built their reputation by providing advice only in the areas where they are experts, so, when it came time to review their marketing strategy, they turned to our team of digital marketing specialists at Done By Nine.
When building the marketing strategy for ABMM, we felt it was important to break it down into three phases to ensure we were considered and intentional about our marketing efforts.
ABMM’s clients choose to work with them because of their unique expertise, experience and because of the people they have in their team, so we believed that a strong focus on the people, expertise and services would form the basis of their marketing strategy.
For the first phase, or ‘phase one’, marketing initiatives have been predominantly focussed on building the foundation of the ABMM brand — promoting ABMM as a key player in the Taranaki legal space and the go-to experts in their respective areas of expertise.
When it came to channels, we wanted to make sure that we were not only increasing ABMM’s reach but that we were reaching the right people. Our research identified that LinkedIn would be the key channel for content distribution, as ABMM’s target market are heavy users of the platform.
The Key Initiatives
- Content creation and distribution — Creating and rolling out high-quality content that accurately reflects ABMM’s brand, generates meaningful engagement with their target audience and drives users to their website.
- Creating and implementing a new brand identity for ABMM to establish a consistent look and feel across their various digital touchpoints, and guide how the firm conducts itself and interacts online.
- Creating a brand image library — Given the people of ABMM are the heart and soul of the brand, we felt they should be front and centre when it comes to ABMM’s marketing. Using pictures of the team and the firm, as opposed to generic stock imagery, helps to strengthen ABMM’s approachable and personable brand traits and puts a face to the firm.
Through the successful implementation of ABMM’s marketing strategy, we’ve elevated ABMM’s brand and have increased the amount of activity on social media, which is positively contributing to ABMM’s brand awareness and is helping to raise the profile of ABMM online. In fact, ABMM’s reach has significantly increased, meaning more people are seeing ABMM’s content than pre-implementation.
Crunching the numbers:
- Organic LinkedIn reach increased by 476%*
- Organic Facebook reach increased by 215%*
- Average monthly LinkedIn page views increased by 342% in first month**
- Website traffic up 34% in first three months***
*Comparing against previous data from the same periods: March-May 2020 (prior to Done By Nine) vs March-May 2021.
**Feb ‘21 vs March ‘21.
***Compared to 3 months prior.
Your partner in digital performance.
We help businesses (just like yours) stand out online by building data-driven, creative digital marketing strategies and campaigns across New Zealand. Book a free Discovery Call, and after 30 minutes, you’ll start to get a clear picture of your marketing bottlenecks and how we will fix them together.